In-Person vs. Virtual Format Questions
What's unique about attending in-person?
- Join us in-person at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) in Atlanta, Georgia. Learn more about what the GWCC and HMP Global are doing to make reconnecting as safe as possible.
- Connect with 180+ faculty members during 160+ main conference classes.
- Participate in more than 20 pre-conference workshops.*
- Tour the largest EMS-dedicated exhibit hall in the world.
- Network and engage with other attendees during exclusive special events such as Agency Ridealongs, Morning Yoga, and more!
*Pre-conference workshops are priced individually and may be selected during the registration process.
What's unique about attending virtually?
- View 45+ live-streamed classes in the ALS, BLS, Educator, and Operations/Management tracks.
- Rewatch sessions post-conference with EMS World Expo On-Demand included free for 1 year.
- Participate in exclusive small group meetings with EMS World Expo faculty.
- Engage in special events like Virtual Stand & Deliver, Ask the Experts, and more.
- Watch sessions broadcast live from anywhere in the world, at a reduced cost to the in-person meeting.
- Save on time and money when you skip the hotel and travel costs.
What In-Person Attendees Need to Know
1. Pack a face mask.
Face masks are required all times at EMS World Expo.
2. Allow for extra time.
Due to additional health and safety measures, please plan ahead and allow extra time when arriving at the show.
3. Do you want additional, detailed safety information?
Please review the full HMP Global Health and Safety Plan so you are familiar with it and know what to expect onsite.
4. What if something changes and EMS World Expo cannot take place in person?
EMS World Expo is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely in partnership with the GWCC and Georgia authorities. If an in-person event is not feasible, EMS World Expo is fully prepared to deliver the meeting virtually.
5. What if I register to attend in-person, but then determine I need to participate virtually?
This request can be accommodated but must be received in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 21 days before the event. It will be your responsibility to work with the airline/conference hotel to cancel those reservations on your own. Please note that you will not receive a refund for any difference in registration rates for this change.
8. Can I register on-site?
EMS World Expo is constantly monitoring the COVID 19 situation and working with the meeting venue to ensure that we are following CDC recommendations and mandates. Because of this, we ask that you contact us before planning for on-site registration, to ensure that we have space to accommodate on-site registrations due to capacities, limitations, and social distancing restrictions imposed by the facility. Please contact the Registration Desk by phone at 877.878.3153 or via email at email@example.com (Note: please include EMS World Expo in the subject line).
What Virtual Attendees Need to Know
1. Which sessions will I be able to access from the in-person meeting?
Through VRTX, EMS World Expo's virtual platform, you will have access to:
- Livestream access to more than 45 main conference sessions from Wednesday, October 6, to Friday, October 8.
- Sessions from the ALS, BLS, Educator, and Operations/Management tracks.
- Complimentary access to EMS World Expo On-Demand for 1 year.
- Digital opportunities for networking with colleagues, faculty, and exhibitors.
2. What kind of software will be required to view the sessions and interact with the experts?
The virtual platform will be web-based, so all you will need is a computer/iPad/tablet or phone and an internet connection. Log-in instructions will be provided closer to the meeting.
3. Who do I contact for questions during the virtual event?
Our team will be available to answer questions, assist, and optimize your experience throughout EMS World Expo. If you have additional questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What if I register for the Virtual conference, but then decide I would like to attend the in-person event?
This request can be accommodated but must be received in writing by emailing email@example.com at least 21 days before the event. We will update your registration and send you an invoice for the difference in registration rates. The difference in registration rates will be what the in-person rate was at the time that you registered. For example, if you registered during our Maximum Saver rate, you will be charged the difference between the Virtual rate and the Maximum Saver in-person rate.
1. I am a member of the Press and would like to participate in the experience.
Please the Press Center page to complete a press access form. Once approved, you will be registered and receive a link to access.
2. My company would like to support EMS World Expo. Are there opportunities available?
Yes, a number of opportunities for support are available. Please visit our Exhibitor Information page to learn more.